Warranty Repair Policy
1-800-262-8282 (or use our Store Locator for a current listing of auth RCs)
- Your luggage has a warranty which covers manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials. Our warranty does not cover repairs resulting from carrier damage, misuse or neglect of the product, normal wear and tear, or repairs beyond the warranty period.
- The warranty is utilized through our authorized repair centers. The authorized repair center will make the determination whether the damage is due to a manufacturing defect. If it is a manufacturing defect, they will repair your luggage and bill American Tourister directly. If it is not repairable they will order you a replacement bag. If they feel it is not a manufacturing defect, they will contact you with an estimate before making any repairs to your luggage.
- To receive warranty service, please take or ship your product to one of our authorized repair centers. If a repair facility is not convenient for you, you may complete the repair form and ship the luggage to the nearest authorized repair center. Detailed instructions are provided on the repair form.
- You can also visit one of our American Tourister Kiosks or Samsonite Company Stores for assistance in shipping your luggage at a minimal charge.
The Authorized Repair Center will make the final determination on the status of the product with the possible following outcomes:
The product is repairable and covered under warranty
- The product will be repaired at American Tourister's expense and returned to you.
The product is not repairable and covered under warranty
- If the same product is in stock, the product will be sent directly to you. If the product is unavailable, a comparable item will be sent. In the case that a comparable product is unavailable, a letter will be sent authorizing you to visit the nearest American Tourister Kiosk or Samsonite Company Store to pick out a comparable product. Note: The Authorized Repair Center will not direct a store to replace product for a customer. The Authorized repair center will request a replacement for you from American Tourister.
The product is repairable and not covered under warranty
- If it is determined that the product is repairable but is not covered under warranty, you may either have the product returned to you un-repaired, or have the product repaired at your own expense.
The product is not repairable and not covered under warranty
- You can elect to have the Authorized Repair Center send the product back to you un-repaired, or you may ask the Authorized Repair Center to dispose of the product.
Product may be returned to any American Tourister Kiosk or Samsonite Company Store, and the store personnel will send the product to an Authorized Repair Center.
If you choose to take your merchandise to a store, a shipping fee will be collected:
- $10 for piece under 26”
- $15 for piece 26” and larger
Business Case, Casual Bag and Travel Accessories Policy
All business cases, casual bags, backpacks and travel accessories must be returned to the point of purchase. If for some reason you cannot return the product to the point of purchase. We offer two options:
- You may either visit the store closest to you to return the product, or you may ship the product to the store closest to you. For our store locator, click here.
- If the product was purchased online, click here for return instructions. Please note that the store will make the final determination on the status of the product, which may include repairing or replacing the product if it is covered under warranty.